Central America


Sunday, January 08, 2006

 

Dec 27th, 2005




I flew out of San Diego around 8pm, after a great week of laying around and doing nothing with my friend MM. I got into San Salvador International (SAL) around 6:30am, cleared customs quick, and waited about an hour for my brother to arrive from SF.

The moment I walked out of immigration I realized I had left my Rough Guide to Central America book back behind customs. Some broken Spanish and a reference to my English-Spanish dictionary later, a security guard led me back behind security, where I got my book.

We took a collectivo taxi to San Salvador, as I read about in my Rough Guide book. We walked around Central Historico, the center of town and a big jungle of little markets and eateries, all on the street. Tried pupusas and fresh sour mango for the first time. We stayed at Ximena's hostel, got a room for US$23.

After a nap, we headed to Zona Rosa, where things were completely dead. We found one nghtclub where at least a few people were there to be watched. We ended up chatting with a bartender there named Danny. We took a taxi home for about US$7.





<< Home

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?